Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Day 1 Summary

July 6, 2015

Today we officially started the internship, I had previously come in to get an introduction to the lab and a bunch of introductory materials, including a series of 6 lectures on probability and probability function which I took notes on prior to entering the internship. We started off the day with a full tour of the CIS building with a short introduction for each lab. After that we were placed in a large room and tasked with creating a powerpoint with an introduction of each of us, explanations on how to run skype and ImageJ and set up our blogs. After a lunch provided by the center, we each returned to our labs. I am the only intern in my lab, but all of the other students here are very helpful and will stop what they are doing to help me. After showing up in the lab I was given a paper on signal to noise ratio in the two sensors I will be working with, the Optical Differentiation sensor and the Shack-Hartmann sensor. The rest of the day was spent learning the math and concepts I would need for the internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment