Friday, July 10, 2015

Day 4 Summary

At this point I feel that I am getting into the rhythm of the lab and I get along with everyone in the lab really well. Today was spent mostly on the Signal to Noise Ratio paper, and I think that I derived as much as I can today. I found one error in the paper where there I think one equation is off by a factor of two, which was confirmed by the PHD student in the lab.  One thing that took by a very long time to figure out is the graph which I was tasked with reproducing had an x-axis variable which was never explicitly mentioned in the paper, and even when it was found the equations given did not seem to create the graph in question. It turns out after a lot of help that the graph was the result of a complicated computer simulation and not the equation in the paper, which provided a minimum value for the ratio between the OD and HS sensor. I don't think that I am going to be able to properly simulate both of the sensors, so I am hoping that I can move on to my final project tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment