Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 7 Summary


Today I worked mainly on solving for a constant term that accounts for atmospheric turbulence for the Shack-Hartmann sensor. If somehow this constant is around 2, then I will have the right values for the amount of sensors per area required in order to have the OD sensor be equal to the SH sensor. The problem is that the term is two long integrals over each other, and by the end of the day I have gotten various results from 1.1 to .6 to infinity, which is where I am at at the end of the day. Even if this value is perfect, I still have to find a formula that varies with photons, which as of yet I don't have for either the OD sensor or the SH sensor. We spent the afternoon going through a rough draft of the REU's presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment