Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 10 Summary:

Today in the morning we went over our abstracts, the lack of specifications did show up in the abstracts, which had wildly different lengths and styles, but all seemed pretty good. It was suggested that I edit my abstract to use less technical vocabulary. At the very end of Yesterday Jie came into our lab and went over what we had done. She also told the non-REU students that we had to do a presentation on Tuesday. Since I've only been here two weeks I'm not sure how the presentation will go or exactly what to put on it, but I'm sure I can figure it out. The rest of the day was spent going over the papers and looking at the two terms from yesterday. I worked on the term from Yesterday, but I either get a meaningless graph or a really long symbolic equation, neither of which is useful. The other equation I managed to parse through and it seems to be off by a scaling factor, I have the same shape as the paper. I am planning to focus on the presentation tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment