Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Day 8 Summary
Today I spent some of the morning helping out Jason and John in the preform lab with their work on the way people look at images, which went longer than expected due to some technical difficulties. Afterwards we visited Angela in her lab and she explained what she has been working on. Once I got back to my lab I figured out the K value I worked on yesterday by writing a Matlab script for the equation and figuring out what part of the equation was giving me the infinity and retyping it until it output a correct value. I'm pretty sure that the current value is right since it is real, and all of my previous results have been complex. The current value is 1.5038 but dependent on the Fried's parameter I choose, which I'm taking from the paper but the actual value might be different.